If you have sustained a painful physical injury, have a nagging backache, or are scheduled to have surgery, then you are probably looking for the best physical therapy clinic available to help you with your recuperation. Keep in mind that you do not want to simply choose the most conveniently located physical therapy (PT) clinic, thinking they’re all the same. They’re not.
Instead, follow these tips on how to properly choose a physical therapy clinic in Jacksonville and throughout the U.S. that best suits your individual needs.
Considerations When Looking for a Physical Therapy Clinic
Physical therapy is often a team effort in that you will be assisted by many people throughout your rehabilitation program. This means you’ll need to do your research to find a physical therapy clinic that meets all your requirements in terms of therapy specialties, financials, scheduling, and treatment facilities and methods.
Here are six things you need to focus on when finding your ideal physical therapy clinic:
- The Clinic’s Services and Treatment Specialties. Research the clinic online. See what it specializes in and how they serve patients in order to determine whether it fits your needs.
- The Experience of the Staff. Read about the physical therapists who work at the clinic and consider their experience, certifications, and postgraduate training. Make sure they provide treatment that is specific to your condition. Also, once you visit the clinic for the first time (or receive an in-home visit by a physical therapist), take note of how the staff members interact with you in terms of their professionalism, courtesy, genuine interest in assisting you, and their ability to answer any questions you may have.
- The Cost. Some clinics are in-network per your healthcare coverage, while others are not and require a cash payment. Before your first appointment, make sure you understand what your physical therapy sessions will cost and what your insurance benefits if any, will cover.
- Scheduling. Your PT appointments should be simple to make and convenient for your schedule. Find out if the clinic has online scheduling, and whether you are able to obtain an appointment within 48 hours or sooner if you are in pain.
- Quality of the Facilities. Is it a state-of-the-art environment? Does it provide an appropriate level of privacy, where you feel comfortable and can discuss your issues and problems confidentially with your physical therapist?
- Direct, One-on-One Care. Does the physical therapy clinic provide personal one-on-one care directly with your physical therapist? There are three basic treatments the clinic should provide: (1) movement advice for proper ergonomics and body mechanics, (2) hands-on manual therapy to assist you with tight or restricted joints, and (3) prescriptive exercise to help you regain muscle strength and movement. These treatments should be provided by your physical therapist or physical therapist assistant only.
Physical Therapy Clinic in Greater Jacksonville, Florida
Choosing the right physical therapy clinic is crucial to your swift and effective recovery from orthopedic surgery or injury. If you are suffering from joint pain or other orthopedic issues that hinder your range of motion and mobility, you can rely on H2 Health to provide the highest-quality physical therapy in Jacksonville and across the United States.
We specialize in a wide range of specialty services that include:
- General orthopedic physical therapy
- Post-operative orthopedic recovery
- Massage therapy
- Workers’ compensation rehabilitation
- Senior services
- Healthy lifestyle program
To learn more about our comprehensive services and determine whether H2 Health is right for you – or to schedule your first appointment with one of our dedicated therapists – contact us today at (800) 699-9395 or fill out our appointment request form online now. We look forward to serving you!