No two concussions are the same. Concussions are complicated injuries with a wide variety of outcomes and symptoms. Because each concussion is unique, there is no simple plan or timetable for recovery. According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, concussions, or mild traumatic brain injuries, are caused by a bump or blow to the head that disrupts the normal function of the brain. At H2 Health clinics, we treat each concussion holistically with respect to its cause and severity.
Concussions may also occur when the head and upper body are violently shaken. These injuries can range from mild to severe and can occur in any number of ways, from a fall to a car accident to a sports-related collision. Symptoms of concussions can appear immediately or may not be apparent for days, or even weeks after the initial injury. If you think you or someone you know has suffered a concussion, it is important to seek medical attention right away.
Concussion Rehabilitation Therapy
Concussion rehabilitation typically involves a multidisciplinary approach including doctors, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, and psychologists. The goal of concussion rehabilitation is to help the individual safely return to their daily activities and hopefully prevent any long-term effects from the concussion.
At H2 Health clinics, our physicians provide an all-round treatment plan tailored according to your needs and condition. The treatment plans are designed for each individual and may include cognitive rest, gradual return to activity, vestibular and ocular motor exercises, neck strengthening exercises, postural control exercises, and education on a safe return to activity.
It is important to note that concussion rehabilitation is different for everyone. Some individuals recover in days while others require weeks or months. Let our concussion management experts treat your concussion injuries and manage your symptoms.
Which Program is Right For You
H2 Health serves many communities across the US. We understand that your concussion injury may be different from others, and you might be looking for a different type of concussion program. H2 Health clinics offers its patients several concussion programs to choose from. Some commonly utilized concussion rehabilitation programs at H2 Health include:
Return to Play/Work
- Determines ability to return to competitive sports or work activities following a concussion
- Program begins when concussion symptoms have resolved
- Progressively challenges physical capabilities with ongoing assessment of symptoms and communications with treating physicians
- Meets state requirements for student-athlete return to play guidelines
- Cash pay program
Post Concussion Rehabilitation
- Research indicates that appropriate rehabilitation program can improve outcomes following concussions
- Implemented when concussion symptoms are not resolved in the normal 7-21 days
- Full evaluation and follow up program identify unique post-concussion syndrome and applies research-based protocols
- Communication with physicians in a team approach to recovery
- Covered by most insurances
A concussion is a serious condition that needs to be treated with a prompt and specific treatment plan. For developing such a treatment, H2 Health offers you and your loved ones a range of services including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Our teams work with you to develop a tailored treatment for your concussion and help you get back to your normal health. Call us today at (800) 699-9395 or request an appointment online to get a personalized consultation.